• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dovecot Config Error

DieterWerner

Regular Pleskian
When I run:
doveconf -Pn
I get the following:
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:2: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol

@DieterWerner You can edit it to suit & then restart Dovedot, all without any detrimental effect. It's your choice. We changed / updated it a long time ago, as well as a few additional itmes within /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf Some lines in that file e.g. ssl_cipher_list get "verified" ;) after any Plesk upgrades, so it's worth double checking all your configs are specified correctly, but that specific line is left as it is (well it has been in our case without exception)

Thank you for telling me that plesk updates don't take into account the existing configuration files of the server.

Thank you for telling me that plesk updates don't take into account the existing configuration files of the server.
:D:D You could be working in the Fake News Industry as an 'Influencer' with assumptions and supposions like that one... ;)

No, that's not correct and/or you've misunderstood. The example given was the line commencing with ssl_cipher_list That's because... you can manually edit & specify ciphers within etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf, as you will no doubt know already. However, Plesk does manage these settings itself, so if... as an example, you have specified a different set of ciphers globally within Plesk, then that set of ciphers will take priority after a Plesk upgrade over the manually edited set of ciphers that you specifed within etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf which, will be overwritten. That was the point :)

You can read more from Plesk about the Plesk settings for this here: How to enable or disable TLS protocol versions in Plesk for Linux? and then more from Plesk about using # plesk sbin sslmng for other changes here: Tune Plesk to Meet PCI DSS on Linux (it's easy to take a quick view of your current Plesk config via # plesk sbin sslmng --show-config - you'll see Dovecot here) & finally, more about Dovecot config here: SSL/DovecotConfiguration - Dovecot Wiki

Back