• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dovecot error

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnriqueR

Regular Pleskian
When I install the Dovecot / IMAP package on my Plesk 12 whole installation appears to complete successfully and the service starts without problem. But when I check the mail system does not work at all. In Horde and Roundcube says the IMAP server does not respond. When I try to collect emails with Outlook returns message: your server is not responding.

What is happening?. Although the installation is successful it is as if the server block the IMAP connection.

Check that IMAP port is open and accessible for connections with

# lsof -i tcp:143

Make sure that it is not firewalled.

Do not return anything on the command line. I guess this should return me something.

How I can enable the Firewall?

Try to start it with

# /etc/init.d/dovecot start

and check ports with lsof command again.

On my test server I see:

# lsof -i tcp:143
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
dovecot 26837 root 39u IPv4 384031785 0t0 TCP *:imap (LISTEN)
dovecot 26837 root 40u IPv6 384031786 0t0 TCP *:imap (LISTEN)

The service starts correctly when I install it. When I run the lsof command did not return anything.

When I'm using Courier, lsof command returns all open ports, but when I switch to Dovecot did not return anything.

Try to find something useful in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog after starting dovecot service.

dovecot: master: Dovecot v2.2.12 starting up for sieve, sieve (core dumps disabled)

I have looked at the log file and from the moment it begins to use Dovecot no LOGIN or LOGOUT lines. This is so stragne because I try to connect when is active. I have try to connect with Roundcube and Outlook. It seems as if my server did not come to ask for IMAP. As if it was blocked before.

I have seen things. When I install Dovecot with Parallels Installer i open /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file, no line 'listen' found.

I added the following lines:

listen = *

protocol imap {
listen = *:143
ssl_listen = *:993
}

protocol pop3 {
listen = *:110
ssl_listen = *:995
}

I have run 'service dovecot restart' and gives me the following messages:

Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:61: listen=..:port has been replaced by service { inet_listener { port } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:61: protocol { listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:62: protocol { ssl_listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:67: listen=..:port has been replaced by service { inet_listener { port } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:67: protocol { listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:68: protocol { ssl_listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:61: listen=..:port has been replaced by service { inet_listener { port } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:61: protocol { listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:62: protocol { ssl_listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:67: listen=..:port has been replaced by service { inet_listener { port } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:67: protocol { listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:68: protocol { ssl_listen } has been replaced by service { inet_listener { address } }

I have no idea if Dovecot has to work with 'listen' configured or missing. I know when I install Dovecot and run 'telnet localhost pop3', the system returns a message there is no service listening on that port.

I was able to find the error at the end. For some reason the file '20-managesieve.conf '20 has the line 'protocols = sieve' that overrides all other protocols.

I replace that line with 'protocols = pop3 imap sieve' and running :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back