• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Downgrade

R

rspinuz

Can you downgrade from plesk 9 back to 8 with out loosing any site data? if so how do you do this?

Actually an urgently required function

Probably not a good idea [to downgrade Plesk].

I think it would be a very good idea for Plesk to provide that capability, as we have learned during the Plesk 9 upgrade. Would have saved me a lot of problems and time.

I'm not disagreeing with that and we all should know that Parallels has always managed to screw up the updates. You never, ever want to upgrade right-away. It takes them at least 2-3 revisions before they get it down right.

I'm learning

... we all should know that Parallels has always managed to screw up the updates. You never, ever want to upgrade right-away. It takes them at least 2-3 revisions before they get it down right.

Thanks! I'm new to Plesk and am now learning this lesson the hard way.

Thank You Wsani. I as well am new to plesk and I did not know that. Is there any other helpful information or advice that you (or anyone else) could give to us newbies?

Back