• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Downgrading PHP

M

molto79

Hi everybody,

First of all, how come and Plesk (the BEST control panel in the market) does NOT have an option to upgrade or downgrade PHP through the control panel? I can't believe it! :( Such a feature would save so many troubles to newbies like me, and wouldn't make them turn away to other, less appealing, control panels, imo...

Anyway, this is a total noob question so please bear with me:

I need to downgrade PHP, from PHP5 to PHP4 because a third-party script I have on my server doesn't work as it should under PHP5. How am I supposed to do that now? :rolleyes:

I know that I have to SSH to my server as a root and that's all! :confused: Anyone kind enough to tell me what are the steps that I need to follow from there?

I know I have to delete the current PHP version first (but is that the only thing I need to delete and also how do I delete PHP?), find an rpm package with the PHP version I need (from where? Also anything else along with the PHP?), and install it/them (how?).

If that helps:
Operating system: Red Hat Fedora Core 6
Control Panel: Plesk 8.1

Thanks for any help you can provide! ;)

Same problem, but ....

Yes i have the same problem, i ahve plesk 8.11 in fedora4 , it comes with php5 but i need to use php4 because my developers use that version. I read that pelsk 8.1 has the option to choose between php4 and php5 for each domain but i don´t find the place in the control panel to do this process.

If yo find another way please writeme [email protected]

Plesk does not control your PHP version, it uses what you have installed. Since FC6 comes with PHP5 you have PHP5. There are no official PHP4 packages for FC6. You'd have to build them yourself, find someone who has built them, migrate to a distro that comes with PHP4 (i.e. CentOS 4) or fix the script so it works with PHP5.

Back