• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Download Plesk mysql database on broken server via SSH?

hillcow

New Pleskian
I did something incredibly stupid. This command ruined file permissions on my whole server:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /

Nothing works any longer. MySQL fails, I cannot access any of my websites/Plesk backend or anything else.

The only thing I have is root ssh access.

The only thing I need from my server is the current database of my website. How can I possibly get it?

Oh my god, thank you so much! Unfortunately I am running Debian 8.

Okay, so what is the best way to restore these dumps onto a new server?

Basically what I need to do is to get a new Plesk instance running on a new server and then somehow get all the content from the not-working server back onto the new one. What happens, when I simply copy the entire /var/lib/psa/dumps/ folder to my new server, where the domains have not been setup?

Thank you SO much!

What happens, when I simply copy the entire /var/lib/psa/dumps/ folder to my new server, where the domains have not been setup?
No, it is just dump of databases, you have to create an empty database for your site with the same name and then import this dump.
But do you have Plesk backups of your not-working server? In this case, restoring backups would be a better solution.

What's the default? I didn't manually download backups, but I did setup plesk do run regular backups on the server side.

By default, all backup data is stored in the directory /var/lib/psa/dumps.

I managed to recover my server, so everything is back to normal.

For testing purposes I successfully imported a db backup from var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/...

What I am still not sure about: My back up settings say [Server storage in /var/lib/psa/dumps].

When I manually download a complete backup I get a "backup_info_XXXXXXX.tar" file. How can I download this file via ssh without using Plesk at all? Because I can only find a .xml file named similiarly in the /dumps folder.

Back