• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Downloading backup fails

You have a valid argument, you are probably right. Now we will need to figure out how expensive a Plesk license will need to become if Plesk adds the same capability that storage-as-a-service providers offer.

How to download directly from Server was mentioned by @Ales in How to download a huge backup file from Plesk? . The article describes how to create a single file from the backup segments. That can then be downloaded by FTP.I
Thank you very much for your response.

I have downloaded the backup using the method mentioned. Now, I would like to know if it can be restored directly, or what steps should be followed to restore the backup?

You need to first upload it via FTP to any directory on the server. Then you must import it into the backup manager, e.g. by running PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="<backup-password>" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/backup

You need to first upload it via FTP to any directory on the server. Then you must import it into the backup manager, e.g. by running PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="<backup-password>" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/backup
Thank you for the revert.

where the value of <backup-password> stored? how can I get this???

The backup password is the backup password that you have set yourself when creating the backup. It cannot be retrieved. If you have lost the password, a restore is still possible, but all login passwords stored in the backup will be set to random values upon restoring that backup. If you have not set a backup password you can omit that definition from the import command.

The backup password is the backup password that you have set yourself when creating the backup. It cannot be retrieved. If you have lost the password, a restore is still possible, but all login passwords stored in the backup will be set to random values upon restoring that backup. If you have not set a backup password you can omit that definition from the import command.
Thank you for your response. However, there is no option to set a password when creating the backup(i have attached the screenshot). The password prompt only appears when downloading the backup via the GUI interface. I downloaded the backup using the command line How to download a large backup file from Plesk? . How should I proceed in this case?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-21 104542.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-21 104542.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 5
@vipan the password is configured at the backup settings page.

Like @Bitpalast pointed out:
If you have lost the password, a restore is still possible, but all login passwords stored in the backup will be set to random values upon restoring that backup. If you have not set a backup password you can omit that definition from the import command.

Back