• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Downloading backups from Plesk

Dayle

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with Plesk 12.5.

When I go to my list of backup and click on the icon to download the backup to my local PC it takes me to a "Download the Backup File" page. However, the only thing on this page is the following:

"For security reasons, we recommend that you protect sensitive data contained in backups with a password. This particularly concerns passwords included into backups. Such protection makes it impossible for an attacker to obtain your data when the security of your backup storage is compromised. Note that if you forget the password that you use for backup protection, it cannot be recovered. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you keep the list of your passwords and corresponding backup file names in a safe place."

Below that is a place to me to enter a password. If I do this and then click ok the browser says it's loading something, and then eventually it just returns me to the list of backups. If I click on the download icon again it just starts the whole process again.

So I am unable to download backups.

I'm pulling my hair out as I can't find a way around it! Does anyone have any ideas?!

I feel like I'm being stupid and missing something really simple....

Thanks

Dayle

If I do this and then click ok the browser says it's loading something, and then eventually it just returns me to the list of backups.

After you have clicked that link, the server needs a certain time to retrieve the backup archive, copy the file to the temp folder, then initialize the actual download-transfer to the browser. This is happening in the background and can take a long while. It feels as if the server and browser are not doing anything in the meantime. Just be patient and wait, download window will appear.

But please check, too, where your download is coming from. If this is a backup archive located on an external FTP repository, it could take too much time to first download it to your server, then to prepare it for browser download. In that case you should first copy the backup to local storage (from FTP repository to your server), then start the download to your browser from there.

Back