• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr.Web (R) Updater: Unable to connect to update.us.drweb.com: Connection timed out !

JasperV

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I am Running 11.0.9 Update #38.

I regularly receive system e-mails stating:

ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: remote host update.msk5.drweb.com closed connection variant () !

or

ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: Unable to connect to update.us.drweb.com: Connection timed out !

or

ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: Unable to connect to update.nsk1.drweb.com: Connection timed out !
ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: cannot download drwtoday.vdb !
ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: failed to download new/updated files from http://update.nsk1.drweb.com/unix/500 !

What is wrong?

I asked DrWeb support to solve this error, but they came back with the following answer:

Request GUV8-0919 / Action 4300564
Date / Time: 14.03 01:03:43
Who: Karl Schmitz
Data:

Dear Jasper,

sorry for having you wait so long. After consulting one of my colleagues, it turned out that we made a change to our update servers.
The change affects users of the Plesk-specific variants of Dr.Web products (like you) by denying them updates.

Some details about the change:
* Installed Dr.Web updater scripts have to authenticate themself with the MD5 hash of their Dr.Web license key, which the update server validates against our license DB.
* The Plesk-specific variants of Dr.Web products have a special plesk.key and no regular drweb32.key. Thus, your updater can't present a proper MD5 hash and gets denied.

Anyway, as it's about a Plesk-specific variant, I am obligated to request you to forward this issue to Parallel's Plesk support.

Kind regards,

Karl Schmitz
Sales Engineer
Doctor Web Deutschland GmbH

Back