• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dr. Web virus notification mail - how to disable?

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I get a ton of mails from DrWeb-Deamon sying that a virus was found. This is 100% from SPAM mails and if not I just don't care.
How can I disable these mails without having a special Dr. Web mailbox and can I setup Dr.Web to just delete mails containing a virus?
There are many threds regarding the update notification but I want to disable the notification when a virus was found (A VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED !) and just delete the mail with the virus.

Is this possible on the server or do I need to add an Outlook Rule to do that?

Best regards
Onki

Hi onki,

the DrWeb configuration file, contains as well the settings for notifications regarding "infected messages":

/etc/drweb/drweb_handler.conf

To achieve your goal, to get no notifications, pls. change:

Code:
#########################
# Notifications section #
#########################
[VirusNotifications]
# Enable or disable sending notifications to persons (yes/no)
SenderNotify = yes
AdminNotify = no
RcptsNotify = no

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no notification section in my drweb_handler.conf file. There is only a communication section. I'll attach the contents.

Thanks,
Norman

Attachments

• drweb_handler.txt
    840 bytes · Views: 11
Hi Norman,

pls. consider to RE-INSTALL the package "psa-drweb-configurator", which contains a standard "drweb_handler.conf", with all possible options.

Hi Norman,

well, unfortunately, you don't provide any informations about your operating system and we are not able to guess your current Plesk version ( incl. MU ), which makes it impossible to suggest a corresponding "yum" or "apt-get/aptitude" for your server.

Nethertheless, you are still able to use the "Plesk autoinstaller" and can remove/install Plesk components with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component COMPONENT-NAME
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component COMPONENT-NAME

The "COMPONENT-NAME" is the desired component, as listed from the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

Pls. consider to use the option string "--help" ( which is btw. available for most binaries on linux systems! ), if you would like to inform yourself about additional options, when you use the "Plesk autoinstaller" from the command line:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --help

A general article on "How to remove DrWEB completely from your server" can be seen at:

...which can be used as well as information, WHICH PACKAGES depend on DrWEB for Plesk. ;)

Hi,

Apologies for being so naive. And thanks for your quick response and patience. I will try your suggestions tomorrow.

Thanks,
Norman

PS: I have 12.5.30 Update #51 and Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Back