• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Drupal automatic updates

Bel

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Drupal automatic updates
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
plesk administration
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I am using Drupal for my Websites and installed it with plesk.
I am using automatic updates which should work well.

But recently I got still the Drupal Version 7.61 while it should be updated to 7.63 - the latest core update release.

Why is plesk not doing the automatic update.
My Provider wint.global says: wait till plesk is suppling the newer Version.

Why is plesk only offering an old Version from 2018 as automatic update. Where is the Problem?
Knowing that the Clients Need the latest security core updates - why it es not there now?
I think that the automatic update function should be reliable. If not it is useless!
Hackers will thank Plesk for neglected updates ...

Thanks for any help.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- tried to update by using the automatical update function in plesk​
ACTUAL RESULT:
no update given
update is on an old Version
why is plesk not offering the latest update Version for Drupal core.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
supply the current update Version of Drupal in the plesk Manager
automatic update function please
or tell why it is not supplied yet​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
waiting for the urgent update
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Answer the question

The main reason why I am using plesk are the automatic core updates for Drupal.
But now it is not working.

I appologize for inconvinience, Drupal updates is on the way and will be available at the beginning of next week.

Drupal 8.8.5 is not updating to 8.8.6 which is a security update as well. Not just automatically but manually too. When I check for update it says up to date (which is not). Also, 8.8.6 is missing from the app installation.

Hello,

APS package for Drupal 8.8.6 was published. ;)

It still shows 8.8.5 to install and not updated for a new installation. But has an option to be updated from 8.8.5 to 8.8.6 when installed.

Thank for that.

Also, APS package should be updated on time.

Hello
Hello,

APS package for Drupal 8.8.6 was published. ;)

Hello, @peon there is a new security update on drupal on all 3 versions 7, 8 and 9 and is not updated yet on PLESK app vault. Is there a way for me to update that vault with these apps?

THANKS

I appologize for inconvinience, Drupal updates is on the way and will be available at the beginning of next week.

Hello, @Aleksey Filatev there is a new security update on drupal on all 3 versions 7, 8 and 9 and is not updated yet on PLESK app vault. Is there a way for me to update that vault with these apps? Or when will be updated? It's crucial!!!!!

THANKS

Hello spiral arts,

Please expect the updates of APS packages for Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 in the next week. Drupal 9 was never packed as APS.

I have searched online about APS for drupal but didn't find anything. Can you provide any documentation about it if possible?
I also searched for converting a Drupal website installed in the traditional way so I can update/manage it through Plesk rather than manually or composer.
I would very much appreciate any feedback.

The list of all APS packages is available in Plesk interface. There is no any documentation.
It is not possible to add existing Drupal instances to Plesk applications.
Also it is not recommended to use APS if you are going to customise application a lot.

The list of all APS packages is available in Plesk interface. There is no any documentation.
It is not possible to add existing Drupal instances to Plesk applications.
Also it is not recommended to use APS if you are going to customise application a lot.
Hi Thanks for your feedback but I don't understand what you mean that "it is not recommended to use APS if you are going to customise application a lot".
The customizations are purely on themes and not the core.

Hi Thanks for your feedback but I don't understand what you mean that "it is not recommended to use APS if you are going to customise application a lot".
The customizations are purely on themes and not the core.
This case will be OK to manage with APS.

Back