• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-mail on remote site

P

pran

I have a client whose e-mail system resides on a different network. He has a PHP script that sends an e-mail to a mailbox on the remote system. However, the mails are routed to the local system and are not sent remotely. I have disabled the e-mail service for that domain but it appears that mails are not reaching the intended destination.

There's a post around here somewhere dealing with this issue, but you can do the following:

Delete the domain from rcpthosts and virtualdomains (both in /var/qmail/control)

Once you've deleted them, make sure to restart qmail.

Bruce

Thanks for the tip bruce! I think the method of turning off e-mail support for the domain removes the entries from the files you mentioned.

Can you tell me the error you are getting or are the E-Mails straight away lost?

The e-mails are delivered to the local user instead of the remote system.

Deleting the domain the control files does NOT fix as it used to on older versions that had that same problem.. in fact, the domain is NOT listed in ANY files in control area.

I get the following message in the maillog:
qmail: 1119909211.425181 starting delivery 3359: msg 7012805 to remote [email protected]

but then....
starting delivery 3059: msg 7013055 to local [email protected]

My version: 75050509.16

DNS is properly mapped in our dns servers to send it remotely, but after it starts the process the server seems to be redirecting it to the postmaster box.

========= FIX FOUND
Looks like DNS was enabled on domain and was causing this, once I disabled DNS on the domain itself, emails sent remotely fine.

Back