• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Easy to fix problems in upgrade process

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
I noticed some of these things already on previous updates.
@Parallels: Should be easy to fix.

Code:
Preparing to replace php5-ioncube-loader 4.0.14-12051415 (using .../php5-ioncube-loader_4.2.2-13031414_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement php5-ioncube-loader ...
[: 6: Illegal number: 0upgrade

--> Fix the "0upgrade"

Code:
Setting up plesk-dns-bind-driver (11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130710.19) ...
ln: creating symbolic link `/var/named/run-root/etc/bind/rndc.conf': File exists

--> Prevent this error message

Code:
 Trying to save legacy variables... done
 Trying to resolve hostname 'example.com' and validate its IP address... done

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
 Trying to allow INNODB engine... done
Restarting mysql Trying to restart service mysql... /usr/sbin/mysqld (pid 9981) is running...

--> Why does this use root without a password?

Code:
Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues
 that were found can corrupt your data.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
 [N]: Y
Please enter one of the listed characters.
Type either Yes or No:
 [N]: Yes

--> When only "yes" is allowed and "y" isn´t, don´t show the abbreviated version in paranthesis but the long version

Code:
update-rc.d: warning: sw-cp-server start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do not match LSB Default-Start values (1 2 3 4 5)
update-rc.d: warning: sw-cp-server stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match LSB Default-Stop values (0 6)
Trying to register service qmail... update-rc.d: warning: qmail start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do not match LSB Default-Start values (3 5)
Trying to register service psa... update-rc.d: warning: psa start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do not match LSB Default-Start values (2 3 5)

--> Use the same values

edit:
Code:
insserv: warning: script 'psa-spamassassin' missing LSB tags and overrides

--> Add LSB tags

Last edited:
If you had really wanted to help, you would have provided more details. E.g., your OS version and arch, Plesk versions you upgraded from and to, components you have installed.

Other than that thanks for report :)

Why do you impute that I didn´t "really" want to help???
I guess you didn´t "really" read my post thoroughly. Otherwise you would have noticed the "11.5.30-debian6.0.build115130710.19" - that kind of narrows it down, doesn´t it!?

For the record:
This happened with different OS, OS versions, archs (Debian Lenny, Squeeze, Ubuntu LL, Ubuntu PP, i386 and amd64), and Plesk versions.

Simply because the thread title suggests that root causes of these issues are extremely easy to find with the information you provided. When in fact one needs to infer such things as OS and Plesk versions (which you still had not specified) from package versions. Providing this information could save someone's time. It's really a pity that most people here don't bother specifying such basic things.

OT:

--> Why does this use root without a password?

Any additional detail you can provide about this issue? Other issues really seem to be easy.

--> Add LSB tags
--> Fix the "0upgrade"

These are generated by scripts or files in old packages (from older version of Plesk), as far as I can tell.

The thread title suggests that these are easy to fix, not explicitly easy to find, but as I assume that there are professionals at Parallels, they should also find it quite easily. OS as I wrote was in the details. For the Plesk version: this is the forum for 11.x so also quite easy. I agree that it is a general problem of missing vital information, but here this is not the case.

OT:
No, there is no more information as far as I can see from the log. Therefore I posted the text surrounding the error message so hopefully a developer knows where to look at or at least narrow it down.

Back