• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Editing database users

ramasaig

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3
As the Admin for a VPS I am trying to rationalise the database users. I want some of my web sites to be able to work with two databases (one for live working, one for testing). I have done that. It would be helpful if the same user applied to both. I have tried editing the existing users (so that the database is 'Any'), but Plesk seems to resist this. According to the attached screenshots, I have two users for the database 'maolbhui_bookings', which are 'mullbed_Tim3' amd 'mullbed_Tim'. For 'mullbed_test' I have just one user ''mullbed_Tim'.
If I click one one of those user names, I get a screen where I should be able to edit the user. But the user shown in the 'Database User Name' box is always 'mullbed_tim' (lower case) and I can't edit anything because when I click 'OK' or 'Apply' it always tells me that user already exists (which is actually true, but it's for a different website)..
I suspect user names are not actually case sensitive in Pleak/Ubuntu, but that doesn't accounf for getting 'mullbed_tim' when I click user 'mullbed_Tim3'.
It's beginning to look as if I need to delete users and start again. Is there another (better) way?

Attachments

• database_users.jpg
    database_users.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 8
  • databases.jpg
    databases.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8
Correction: The users for 'maolbhui_bookings' are 'maolbhui_Tim3' and 'mullbed_Tim'. This doesn't affect the question, but is consistent with the screenshots. When I click the user 'maolbhui_Tim3' the info that appears is for 'mullbed_tim'.

Back