• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Editing DNS records

T

techdesign

Is there a way to "edit" DNS records with Plesk besides deleting them and adding them back in? I've run into several cases where a client wants their DNS in with hosting, but they move their email, for instance so need to change their MX. It would be a bit simpler to just change the MX rather than deleting it and readding it.

Thanks!

The Plesk control panel interface is what it is.... They chose to design it this way for whatever reason. It would have been nice if they had done an 'edit/modify' instead of just add/delete.

There are alternatives, but are not recommended to be used on the Plesk server itself, but rather to be used on separate DNS servers. Two examples of these which do have an edit/modify are:

4PSA DNS Manager
SMBind

SMBind looks pretty good. Do you know if it is possible to use the Plesk user database to authenticate web pages on other servers? If so, is there an FAQ or SDK you can point me to so I can stumble my way through?

Back