• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Alias, Forwarding and Redirects

KimHuff

New Pleskian
I am new to the Plesk control panel. For the last eight or more years I have been using Ensim. I recently moved to a new provider that uses Plesk. Although I really like the options and the interface, I am confused by a few of the features.

On my old server, I had a few domains setup using what they called an email alias. There alias service worked like this. I would create the main email addresses assigning user names and passwords. Then I would click on Alias and the first line would be the name of the alias. For example, billing. Then below that, would be a window with all the email addresses I had created. I could click on one or more email addresses that was assigned to receive the emails for billing.

I tried to do this in plesk, but it will not allow me to create an alias with the same name for more than one person. I tried Mail Group, but the only way I could figure out how to do it was to create an email address for billing and then a Mail Group from that. And although that does seem to work, it is also holding an email for the account billing which is never going to be downloaded by anyone.

What I need to do is figure out how to create an address that is not a real email address, but only a gateway that sends all messages to the real recipents. Is this possible with Plesk? If so, how do you set it up?

Thank you for your time.

Back