• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Aliases broken now?

R

ricflair71

I think I just found a problem with Plesk 8 (from 7.5.4) update.. I have 2 domains that are using "email aliases". Both of those domains are no longer allowing mail to deliver to the aliased named email address.. ie.

physicall mailbox is [email protected] This email works fine.. delivery, relay, etc.. however I have an alias setup for the mailbox called support@ it however gives a bounceback of service unavailable when trying to send email to [email protected] from a remote system.. I'm almost positive that email aliasing worked fine in 7.5.4.. it's not something I use often.

Anyone else run into this??? or know how I can correct this/fix so new aliases work correctly.. Since I only have 2 setup.. I went in and REMOVED the aliases.. then added them back in.. same result..

Thank you,
Ron

here is the bounceback for one I tried... where as [email protected] is the main physical mailbox in plesk domain.. and [email protected] is setup as an alias to the [email protected] mailbox.

The original message was received at Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:18:41 -0400
from [216.53.174.57]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mail.hostability.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I have the same problem. No email aliases work. Someone, please help?

i have same problem.

but,, alias mail was correctly receivable when I stopped Dr.Web antiviru.

I think that Dr.Web antiviru has some problems.

I just disabled Dr. Web to test and the aliases do not work. There is something very strage about this.

Verified.. Turning off Dr Web does allow my aliases to work correctly.. I also tried setting Dr Web to inbound OR outbound only.. still faililng.. only setting that worked was to DISABLE Virus checking for the physical mailbox that the alias is created for.

Any word on a fix for this? While this work around is working good for me.. I'd like full virus scanning support soon!

Thanks,
Ron

I just found out, that an enabled Dr. Web prevents the server from accepting emails to either mail aliases or domain aliases (server responds with "service unavailable"). This is a very annoying thing!

Back