• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Email Archiving by Date?

AWSolutions

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Rocky 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 Update #2
Not particularly a plesk question....but I have a mailbox (personally) of 80gb on a plesk server.

I do not want to delete the emails, but understand that I don't need 14 year old emails on a production server somewhere. I do want them accessible and searchable. Is there an application (desktop) or otherwise that can be used to download some messages that will allow me to ever view or search them later?

Any ideas on how to handle?

What you could try is to connect the mailbox via POP3 (instead of IMAP) using a mail client (Thunderbird for example). The client will download all email messages and store them locally. After which you can disconnect the client. I am not sure what exact steps are involved. You'll have to try yourself. I do recommend however to setup a test mailbox first and try that first. Also beaware, if I am not mistaken, Thunderbird deleted messages older than 14 days from the servers mailbox automatically when connecting via POP3 by default. You can disabled able in the Thunderbird settings somewhere.

I also found another tutorial for Outlook that accomplish something similar.

Hope this helps.

Back