• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Email Blacklist everything but one Domain?

KEComm

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #5
Is ist possible to use the Blacklist all TLDs but one, using the Blacklist/Whitelist feature?

Example:
Blacklist: @.com (blocks everything with .com)
Whitelist: @mydomain.com

Does this work or does the contradiction prevent the whitelist to work?

Is there a different solution? I want to only receive mails from ONE domain.

Maybe you'll need to add a * between @ and .com for the block list, but generally all that is on the allow list will be allowed regardless what's on the block list.

Maybe you'll need to add a * between @ and .com for the block list, but generally all that is on the allow list will be allowed regardless what's on the block list.
The instructions in the plesk admin state specifically to not use * and ? wildcards

Hi! I am somewhere different. I am in Tools&Settings/Email/Email Security/Server Settings
(Also my Plesk is in German, so excuse if I name things incorrectly)
I don't see "Spam Assassin" anywhere. In the Email Security settings I have this:

Unbenannt.png

I just saw that I do not have SpamAssassin installed. But I have the same rules in the Spam Filter Settings:
Do you think it is a problem to have two similar sets of rules in two places?
Unbenannt2.png

So if I were to use SpamAssassin or the Spam Filter settings:

Would it work to block all .com addresses but from one domain by blacklisting *@*.com and allowing *@mydomain.com ?

Back