• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question email by Plesk and ISP

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
I have IMAP mail managed on my ISP and I want to replicate it in Plesk to manage it with Dovecot + Roundcube.
But I would like to be able to continue using the ISP's webmail as well; therefore the mail must be accessible both by connecting to the Plesk Webmail and to the ISP's.

How should I configure Plesk?

I give examples:
  1. [email protected] is read with Roundcube via Plesk
  2. [email protected] is read with the ISP's Webmail
  3. [email protected] is read with Roundcube via Plesk and also with the ISP's Webmail.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, you don't really need to have messages physically available on your Plesk server or to have them managed by Plesk's Dovecot, as long as they are reachable through Roundcube and your ISP's webmail at the same time?

What you could do is to install Roundcube under your web space, as you would any other PHP software, and use this installation of Roundcube to access the mail at your ISP mail server.

Basically, Roundcube is just a web based IMAP client. You can install it and use it to read mail located anywhere, as long as it is accessible over IMAP.

The only downside to this is that you'd have to configure this separate Roundcube installation (which is not that difficult) and also keep it updated.

Back