• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Email Disk Usage] Difference in calculation?

w0ei

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have limited disk space on my VPS and it's getting full really fast. The problem seems to be the Maildir of one of my domains. This domain is used exclusively for email and I've set a disk space limit of 5 GB. When I log in to Plesk and check the resource usage for that domain, it says about 1400 MB is currently being used.

However, when I log in with SSH to my VPS, and go to /var/qmail/mailnames, I see that the domain uses about 9 GB for email!

I've searched a little bit on this problem and found somewhere that this could be caused by the fact that, since the domain uses IMAP, the emails that are deleted are not really deleted. Is this true? If so, can I force the deletion of these emails somehow?

[edit]
Addition: I don't use Mailbox Quota, because I want the total amount of space (5 GB) to be available to everyone (I mean, mailbox X may use 2 GB, mailbox Y 500 MB, and mailbox Z the rest). So I don't want every mailbox to have the same quota, since some addresses use more than others (this may fluctuate though).
[/edit]

Is there another way to solve this difference between "resource usage" in Plesk and checking the disk space through SSH (with "du -chs")?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back