• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Fail!

AlexAJ

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I'm having a little issue with sending email. Plesk version 11.0.9 Update #27.

From what I can see for no reason whatsoever I can no longer send email. I have my email addresses set up in Plesk and have them set up in Outlook so I can receive and send email via POP3 but as of this morning I can't seem to send anything but can still receive email. Has anyone else noticed this problem or is it just me? I haven't changed anything that I can think off. I notice my Plesk was last updated early this morning. Could it be something to do with this?

As I'm sure can tell I'm pretty new to using Plesk so if anyone has any ideas I would much appreciate it. I can provide screenshots of anything necessary if it helps.

Thanks.
Alex.

Hi,

Do you have any errors?
Do you check the mail queue? Is there anything there? it's available in Server Management > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > Mail Queue Tab

Hi Saatchi,
There was a message in the mail queue marked as 'deferred', what does this mean? I have now removed this. However my messages appear to of sent now. No idea why it wasn't working before, confuses the hell out of me ha. I haven't changed anything. I will see if this recurring problem. Thanks.

Hi,

When your emails (for each reasons) have delay to sent, it will show in the mail queue and you haven't to delete it, because it can be delivered after resolving the problem.
But my question about your error(s): you've to check your smtp log here: /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

in this case, I think that you have a network problem that it's solved, now.

Back