• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Email filtering

dicko_md

Basic Pleskian
Hi All

I have people who email filtering in both plesk and horde but stuff is still getting through.

I tested this and blocked my personal account and I still managed to send an email to my website address.

We are on Plesk 11.5.30

Any ideas or is this a known issue and is there a fix or a fix on the way ?

Thanks in advance

martyn

Hi

Yes sure. Below is an email that one of my users sent in. I also tested blocking my my email address and then I sent an email from my blocked email address and it came through.

- Plesk: For each email account, after activating the Spam Filter, there is an advanced options feature under which email address can be whitelisted or blacklisted. I have blacklisted a number of addresses however they come through just the same. So the blacklist feature in Plesk does not function

- Horde: Here also, one can blacklist email addresses, under Filters. Also, one can select to apply filters upon log-in / refreshing etc. None of which works, all addresses get through, nothing is ever moved to Spam, Filters never get applied

Thanks

Martyn

Hi,

could you please execute the following command and then send an email from a blacklisted email?

# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Paste the output here.

Thanks,
Kristian

Hi

Yes sure. Below is an email that one of my users sent in. I also tested blocking my my email address and then I sent an email from my blocked email address and it came through.

- Plesk: For each email account, after activating the Spam Filter, there is an advanced options feature under which email address can be whitelisted or blacklisted. I have blacklisted a number of addresses however they come through just the same. So the blacklist feature in Plesk does not function

- Horde: Here also, one can blacklist email addresses, under Filters. Also, one can select to apply filters upon log-in / refreshing etc. None of which works, all addresses get through, nothing is ever moved to Spam, Filters never get applied

Thanks

Martyn

Hi

I ran the command and sent an email from the blocked email address. It came through to my email but it doesnt show in the mail log that I can see but there is lots of traffic it looks like and lots of interacting with my old server.

Is there anyway to save the log ?

Thanks

Martyn

You can filter needed information from log with help of grep command. Try something like:

# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog | grep [email protected]

Thanks for that. It made it a lot easier.

I typed the command, sent the email and got the below result

[root@ServerB ~]# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog | grep [email protected]
Mar 17 07:48:27 ServerB postfix/qmgr[26305]: 757081C3119: from=<[email protected]>, size=1570, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Mar 17 07:48:27 ServerB postfix-local[24867]: postfix-local: [email protected], [email protected], dirname=/var/qmail/mailnames

The email arrived in my mail box. My email is on the blacklist on plesk for that email address too

Regards

Martyn

Thanks for that. It made it a lot easier.

I typed the command, sent the email and got the below result

[root@ServerB ~]# tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog | grep [email protected]
Mar 17 07:48:27 ServerB postfix/qmgr[26305]: 757081C3119: from=<[email protected]>, size=1570, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Mar 17 07:48:27 ServerB postfix-local[24867]: postfix-local: [email protected], [email protected], dirname=/var/qmail/mailnames

The email arrived in my mail box. My email is on the blacklist on plesk for that email address too

Regards

Martyn

Back