• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email for domain pointers

A

avantis

I was searching the forums, but couldn't find the answer (and for some reason I think I saw it long ago).

Say, I want to park/point dom.net to dom.com. Mr Joe has already emailbox [email protected], but he want's to receive emails addressed to [email protected].

Can I edit/add some qmail file and make this easily? I'd know how to do this in Sendmail, but I'm not good with Qmail.

You could edit your /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file

You will find entries such as:

domaina.com:1
domainb.org:2
domainc.com:3
dom.com:4
dom.net:5

Change the number for the parked .net domain to the same number as the live .com domain.

Restart Qmail

That's what I initially thought, but didn't even try it thinking it's too easy. :)

Interesting thing happens... :)

In "/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains" (domain.com:16 was already there, set by Plesk) I added two new domains, e.g.
domain.net:16
domain:eek:rg:16

It worked only when I added these 2 domains to "/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts", as well.

So, I send email to [email protected] - it worked. Or, to alias, [email protected] - ot worked again.

But now, none of the MailGroups is working! Nor for domain.com, nor for any other domain hosted on the server!

Now, i brought everything to the previous stage (removed domain.net & .org), but how do I fix MailGroups ? :)

As to the rcpthosts file, I assumed you had already setup the other domains fully.

Have you checked your logs for any error messages? Modifying the virtualdomains file has never broken mailgroups or redirects on my boxes at least not that I remember.

I guess so - the problem with redirects is not caused by changes in virtualdomains file.

It must be something with qscan/clamav I setup yesterday, and I didn't notice the problem until now.

Which log files should I check ? (It's RHEL3 Plesk 7.5.2 )

Re: mail groups / forwarder / redirects problem

At last! :)

thanks to the guys from Steadfastnetworks.com, the problem has been solved.

It must be something to do with qscan/clamAV installation - I don't have other explanation.

Apparently, DrWeb was making problems. As Kevin form Steadfast discovered:
When the mail is forwarded, the processor seems to want to write the message temporarily to /var/drweb/spool, but it appears to have not had permission to do so.

Back