1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email for domain pointers

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by avantis, Jul 6, 2005.

1. avantis

avantis Guest

I was searching the forums, but couldn't find the answer (and for some reason I think I saw it long ago).

Say, I want to park/point dom.net to dom.com. Mr Joe has already emailbox joe@dom.com, but he want's to receive emails addressed to joe@dom.net.

Can I edit/add some qmail file and make this easily? I'd know how to do this in Sendmail, but I'm not good with Qmail.

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

You could edit your /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file

You will find entries such as:

domaina.com:1
    domainb.org:2
    domainc.com:3
    dom.com:4
    dom.net:5

Change the number for the parked .net domain to the same number as the live .com domain.

Restart Qmail

3. avantis

avantis Guest

That's what I initially thought, but didn't even try it thinking it's too easy. :)

4. avantis

avantis Guest

Interesting thing happens... :)

In "/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains" (domain.com:16 was already there, set by Plesk) I added two new domains, e.g.
    domain.net:16
    domain:eek:rg:16

It worked only when I added these 2 domains to "/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts", as well.

So, I send email to john@domain.net - it worked. Or, to alias, jonn@domain.org - ot worked again.

But now, none of the MailGroups is working! Nor for domain.com, nor for any other domain hosted on the server!

Now, i brought everything to the previous stage (removed domain.net & .org), but how do I fix MailGroups ? :)

5. avantis

avantis Guest

Redirects are also not working :(

6. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

As to the rcpthosts file, I assumed you had already setup the other domains fully.

Have you checked your logs for any error messages? Modifying the virtualdomains file has never broken mailgroups or redirects on my boxes at least not that I remember.

7. avantis

avantis Guest

I guess so - the problem with redirects is not caused by changes in virtualdomains file.

It must be something with qscan/clamav I setup yesterday, and I didn't notice the problem until now.

Which log files should I check ? (It's RHEL3 Plesk 7.5.2 )

8. avantis

avantis Guest

Re: mail groups / forwarder / redirects problem

At last! :)

thanks to the guys from Steadfastnetworks.com, the problem has been solved.

It must be something to do with qscan/clamAV installation - I don't have other explanation.

Apparently, DrWeb was making problems. As Kevin form Steadfast discovered: