• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved email forwarded without notice

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

If I sent a mail to one mailbox in one of my servers I received a mail from gmail

<[email protected]>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.76.27] said:
552-5.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota and
inactive. 552-5.2.2 Please direct the recipient to 552 5.2.2

So all mail sent to this mailbox is forwarded to a gmail box.

The strange thing is no forwarded is configured in the control panel. Also I checked the file /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/mailbox/.qmail and not mailbox is present there.

Any ideas where to check this?

Perhaps there are filters configured in webmail to forward email? That's the first thing I would check.

Also have you tried to actually setting a forward for this mailbox to test what happens?

Dear Rasp,

Thanks for your answer. That was the webmail. Anyone knows if it is possible to disable the forwarding from the webmail in a whole server?

Thanks

I assume you're using Roundcube? The only option I can think off would be disable/remove the Managesieve plugin from Roundcube. That way your users can't create any filters in webmail. Or you could play with the $config['managesieve_allowed_hosts'] option in the Managesieve plugin configuration to only allow Managesieve to used on certain hosts, e.g certain customers. (I've never used this option myself, so I am not sure if this actually fits your needs).

Last edited:
Back