• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Email forwarding with SES

janewi

New Pleskian
Hi everyone!

Postfix on our server is configured to send outgoing emails via Amazon SES. However, when forwarding emails for an email address of a domain hosted on the Plesk server to an email address not hosted on our servers, SES will refuse to deliver the email as the sender cannot be authorized. While this behaviour is technically correct (the sender address is not a domain managed by the server so the message shouldn't allowed to be sent), it prevents me from using the forwarding feature in Plesk with external domains.

To work around this, I was thinking about...
  • ... using a different SMTP relay for sending when forwarding (possibly even just sending it directly from the local server if that is possible), or
  • ... rewriting the email headers when forwarding somehow
Do any of you other suggestion on how to work around this? How could I implement any of it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi everyone!

Postfix on our server is configured to send outgoing emails via Amazon SES. However, when forwarding emails for an email address of a domain hosted on the Plesk server to an email address not hosted on our servers, SES will refuse to deliver the email as the sender cannot be authorized. While this behaviour is technically correct (the sender address is not a domain managed by the server so the message shouldn't allowed to be sent), it prevents me from using the forwarding feature in Plesk with external domains.

To work around this, I was thinking about...
  • ... using a different SMTP relay for sending when forwarding (possibly even just sending it directly from the local server if that is possible), or
  • ... rewriting the email headers when forwarding somehow
Do any of you other suggestion on how to work around this? How could I implement any of it?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Have you solved it yet? I am also having a similar problem. Please share the solution. Thanks.

Back