1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email MX Records

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by mtwalsh, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mtwalsh

mtwalsh Guest

Hi,

I'm hosting a domain name on my server but I do not host the domain's email, this is handled by a seperate server. The domain name just has the "www" and "wildcard" hostnames pointed to my server for website hosting.

Is there a way to set the DNS on my server to inherit from the DNS server where those records are set? What I would like to avoid is having to duplicate the domain names MX records locally on my server.

Any advice you can offer would be gratefully received!

2. mtwalsh

mtwalsh Guest

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm wondering if the Switch DNS Mode option might be the answer?

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

if your server is setup to use external dns in its resolvers then it should be able to see the dns changes and settings remotely with no need for any action. If you are using local dns then you may need to have it duplicated unless you setup some kind of zone transfer and automate that.