• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email name with no password...

N

nhouse

Hi All... I have read the docs and searched, etc. about this but didn't find an answer. This may no be a question about "how to" but rather a comment on a "how to." During the process of setting up email names for domains, I generally want to have a webmaster address for each one which is actually a redirect to my main webmaster address. Anyway, it seemed to be a lot of extra data to keep up with to set a password for every domain that I do this with.

So, I tried creating an account and did not put in an initial password... thinking that I would probably be rejected by Plesk. Well, it didn't and I simply set the redirect and BOOM it worked. Is this normal... or just a happy accident? I have done several this way and they seem to be all working just fine. All of you may already know this... but for us Plesk newbies, it is pretty handy.

True, passwords are not an absolute requirement to create a mail name. You didn't set it as an actual 'mailbox' did you, without a password? Wouldn't want to have a passwordless mail account being used to spam out of.....

And no control panel access for that user name, right?

:D well, of course not... it just seemed odd that it would even let me... :D

Back