1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email not relaying to ONE domain, 550 error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by chud67, Sep 19, 2006.

1. chud67

chud67 Guest

I can't send email to one domain on my server. Email to all other domains works fine. The message I get back is:

---
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <local smtp server> #5.5.0 smtp;550 relaying to <email address> prohibited by administrator>
    ---

There is NOTHING in /var/log/messages nor /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog that indicates a problem...which is a problem in and of itself! Mail to other domains is logged.

I verified that this particular domain is listed in both /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains.

Also, the server's hostname resolves and there is a valid MX record.