• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Email not working on Centos VPS

VojkanC

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am using Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0 Pack 30 on Hetzner's vServer VQ 12 (CentOS 6.4 minimal 64bit) and I have problem with email.
I've successfully created email account at Subscriptions / mydomain.com / Mail / Create E-mail Address, but email is not working.
I can't access it by webmail, nor by email clients.
When I enter mail.mydomain.com I get redirected to my primary domain (myprimarydomain.com not mydomain.com), nor to webmail login page.
I've tried setting up email on other domains, but it does not work either.
In Plesk / Mail settings / Mail service / Activate mail service on domain is checked.
I've not changed anything on server, except adding Customers, Resellers, Domains and Subscriptions via Plesk.

While adding domains https://robot.your-server.de/dns (Hetzner's control panel for DNS)I have chosen DNS entry with standard zonefile.

This is how my DNS looks like:
$TTL 86400
@ IN SOA ns1.first-ns.de. postmaster.robot.first-ns.de. (
2013052900 ; serial
14400 ; refresh
1800 ; retry
604800 ; expire
86400 ) ; minimum

@ IN NS robotns3.second-ns.com.
@ IN NS robotns2.second-ns.de.
@ IN NS ns1.first-ns.de.

@ IN A 78.46.xxx.yyy
localhost IN A 127.0.0.1
mail IN A 78.46.xxx.yyy
www IN A 78.46.xxx.yyy
ftp IN CNAME www
imap IN CNAME www
loopback IN CNAME localhost
pop IN CNAME www
relay IN CNAME www
smtp IN CNAME www
@ IN MX 10 mail

Kind Regards,
Vojkan

For webmail access you should have webmail A DNS record at least. By default it is defined in DNS template Tools & Settings > DNS Zone Template

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I've managed to solve the problem with the help of support.
Here is their answer:
Webmail in Plesk should be reachable via https://webmail.<yourdomain>. However,
this subdomain "webmail" is not defined by default if you create a dns entry with
the option "standard zonefile".

If you are using Plesk to configure your domain, I recommend to use the option
"Slave DNS entry" when creating a new dns entry over the Robot. In this case, our
nameservers will transfer the dns zonefile from you Plesk server automatically.

To change your dns entry in the Robot, please delete the current entry and re-
create it by using the option "Slave DNS entry". The webmail subdomain should be
resolved properly within a few hours.

Back