• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Passwords hashed! how to retrive email password in plesk 11.0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, sorry for my mistake. Xml backup contains encrypted passwords. They are encrypted with server's key. Correct answer is using /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view utility. For example:

mysql> select mail_name,name,password from mail left join domains on mail.dom_id = domains.id inner join accounts where mail.account_id = accounts.id and postbox='true' order by name asc, mail_name asc;
+-----------+------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| mail_name | name | password |
+-----------+------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| rt | tttest.gov | $AES-128-CBC$f9qDGZ0SZqJv3yoUd8pMSA==$uoVzaIWEz/dDyy6Nglf7mw== |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view
Authentication database contents:
+--------------------------------------+-----+--------------------------------------+
| address |flags| password |
+--------------------------------------+-----+--------------------------------------+
| [email protected] | | vbn321 |
Flags
A - account disabled
D - domain disabled
E - password encrypted

Thanks you in advance it was helpful really.
Do you know how to access to db's passwords?

Thanks,

Db password is Plesk admin's password.
You can login to psa database with
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

I mean its not psa database and I mean all of user's databases. in psa database all passwords (dbs pass) saved hash. how to understand passwords of databases?

Thanks,

Guys, sorry for my mistake. Xml backup contains encrypted passwords. They are encrypted with server's key. Correct answer is using /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view utility. For example:

mysql> select mail_name,name,password from mail left join domains on mail.dom_id = domains.id inner join accounts where mail.account_id = accounts.id and postbox='true' order by name asc, mail_name asc;
| rt | tttest.gov | $AES-128-CBC$f9qDGZ0SZqJv3yoUd8pMSA==$uoVzaIWEz/dDyy6Nglf7mw== |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Authentication database contents:
| address |flags| password |
| [email protected] | | vbn321 |
Flags
A - account disabled
D - domain disabled
E - password encrypted

thanks for your guide,
Do you have any idea for password of MYSQL databases?

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Hi,

so if I wanted to create the password hash for a given password in order to compare the hashes for an authentication mechanism, how would I do this on Plesk 11.5.30?

Plesk hash is # $AES-256-CBC:pKCS$JB3hfh3dZWjvhZeddAA9bA==$XukiiA813aZrdL5t31MzlA== (from /var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd.db)
The password is S3pK623gd76Fa3k

I tried something along the lines of

# echo "S3pK623gd76Fa3k" | openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -pass pass:`cat /etc/psa/private/secret_key` | base64
U2FsdGVkX18pripkh479YhqaTKQvNG5yTRQTsg9lN7QrcTO0NpTExYqmp9KXBT+v

but that seems to be wrong. It is also not using a salt. Could somebody steer me into the right direction?
Thanks!

how does it work?
could you guide me more? i've just started using it

There are no any options. Just run

and you will see Authentication database content.

mail_auth_view?

Thanks for your reply. I know mail_auth_view and could just parse its output. (example here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...re-in-Plesk-11&p=701468&viewfull=1#post701468)

But the output of mail_auth_view could change anytime, and I don't want to rely on it too heavily.

My actual goal objective is to write a custom SASL auth daemon that reads /var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd.db and authenticates SMTP logins against it (a replacement for plesk_saslauthd). In order to do that, I'd need to decrypt the passwords with the server key to be able to compare them with the crypted passwords stored in passwd.db.

Has anybody done this yet and can shed a bit of light on it?

(If not, I'm going to stick with parsing mail_auth_view and comparing the plain text passwords.)
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back