• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email problem after backup restore

Luisgon

New Pleskian
Hi,

I made a backup at my old server (Plesk 11) and a restore at the new one (plesk 12).

Now I can't acess to any email, I got user/password login failed either throw pop/smtp or horde...

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Luís

Hi Igor,

I'm watching the deply.result file generated at the end of restore and notice this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="warnings"><object name="XXXX" type="reseller"><object name="XXXX" type="domain"><object name="[email protected]" type="mailname"><message code="PasswordGenerated" id="8fb76e2c-9007-4845-8018-755d184efcf8" severity="info"><description>The password was generated for user '[email protected]'. New password is 'iKbCrC2'</description></message></object>

I got this for all email accounts... why plesk changed the passwords??
I need to have the old passwords working, it's impossible for me to call hundreds of clients saying that the password was changed...

Thanks

Igor,

I don't have empty passwords. And the backup manager changed all (hundreds) of email passwords. The link above doesn't solve my problem.

I still don't understand why backup manager changed the passwords and how can i solve it.

I can assume that you have created backup with password and then forgot it and restore backup with resetting data. It may lead to empty mailbox passwords.
If it is not the case, investigation on server is required and you should contact support team.

Hi Igor,

You're right!
I forgot to put the password when restoring. Had restore it again with the backup password and it's all ok now.

Many thanks

Back