1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email redirect

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Omniflux, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Omniflux

Omniflux Guest

I have a customer who wants to redirect their incoming email to another server, but wants to send their outgoing email through the plesk server.

Simply turning on redirect keeps a copy of the message AND forwards a copy. Disabling the mailbox gets rid of the local copy, but then they can not smtp auth to send outgoing mail.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the local copy and still allow the user to smtp auth?

Thanks

--
    Omniflux

2. Voodoo_UK

Voodoo_UK Guest

Nope but I wish I did. Have exactly the same problem

3. Voodoo_UK

Voodoo_UK Guest

Any sugestions on this issue, other than creating a cron job to periodically emtpy the users mailbox ?

Had a look at 4PSA's mail offering but it doesn't specify anything regarding mail redirects

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Create the user's main account, not as a mailbox, just a redirect. Then create a 2nd account (slightly different name) and have them reconfigure their email client software for this account for outgoing email. Not ideal, but it works.

5. kyoo

kyoo Guest

I don't know how permanent of a solution this is, but removing the ./Maildir/ line of this file may help:
    /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/user/.qmail

6. NorthLANs

NorthLANs Guest

I created a little script that cleans the MailDir folders. The script runs as a cron job at 2:00 am each day. This script will hold on to 1 day's worth of messages. You can change the +1 if you would like to hold onto mail for longer. This file is located in the domain folder. (Ex. /var/qmail/mailnames/domainname.com)

Here is my script.

----
    # Mail directory cleanup script

for X in `ls -d */`; do
    find /var/qmail/mailnames/dominname.com/$X/Maildir/new -type f -mtime +1 -exec rm -rf '{}' \;
    done
    ----

Jim