• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email redirect

O

Omniflux

I have a customer who wants to redirect their incoming email to another server, but wants to send their outgoing email through the plesk server.

Simply turning on redirect keeps a copy of the message AND forwards a copy. Disabling the mailbox gets rid of the local copy, but then they can not smtp auth to send outgoing mail.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the local copy and still allow the user to smtp auth?

Thanks

--
Omniflux

Any sugestions on this issue, other than creating a cron job to periodically emtpy the users mailbox ?

Had a look at 4PSA's mail offering but it doesn't specify anything regarding mail redirects

Create the user's main account, not as a mailbox, just a redirect. Then create a 2nd account (slightly different name) and have them reconfigure their email client software for this account for outgoing email. Not ideal, but it works.

I don't know how permanent of a solution this is, but removing the ./Maildir/ line of this file may help:
/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/user/.qmail

I created a little script that cleans the MailDir folders. The script runs as a cron job at 2:00 am each day. This script will hold on to 1 day's worth of messages. You can change the +1 if you would like to hold onto mail for longer. This file is located in the domain folder. (Ex. /var/qmail/mailnames/domainname.com)

Here is my script.

----
# Mail directory cleanup script

for X in `ls -d */`; do
find /var/qmail/mailnames/dominname.com/$X/Maildir/new -type f -mtime +1 -exec rm -rf '{}' \;
done
----

Jim

Back