• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email rejected due to my server send local NAT IP in header

cloudhostpk

New Pleskian
Installed mail server: Postfix
Server is behind the firewall using NAT and public IP is configured in Tools & Settings => Tools & Resources => IP Addresses.
Email are rejected by recipient mail server due to my server send local IP in header.

Error log:
host cp.MyDomain.com[127.0.1.1] said:
554 5.7.1 < cp.MyDomain.com [10.0.0.X]>: Client host rejected:
Access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Note*: hostname and local ip is modified in logs

IP 10.0.0.X is internal local address not public IP configured in Tools & Settings => Tools & Resources => IP Addresses

Thanks in advance, please help if anyone know the solution.

You've probably already tried this, but if you haven't on the Server-Wide Mail Settings (Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings) about halfway down you can specify in the "Outgoing Mail Mode" what you want put in the header. The options it gives you are shown below. I personally use option 3.

Outgoing mail mode
  1. Send from domain IP addresses
  2. Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting
  3. Send from the specified IP addresses

HTH,
Justin

You've probably already tried this, but if you haven't on the Server-Wide Mail Settings (Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings) about halfway down you can specify in the "Outgoing Mail Mode" what you want put in the header. The options it gives you are shown below. I personally use option 3.

Outgoing mail mode
  1. Send from domain IP addresses
  2. Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting
  3. Send from the specified IP addresses

HTH,
Justin
I tried 1st and 2nd option, still same sending with local IP. In 3rd option, only local IP showing in list.

Please ignore this post. This issue has been further diagnosed and found issue is not as discussed here in this post.
For issue with detailed information can be view at

Back