• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email spamming access problem

A

amaworkaholic

Hello,
I would appreciate any suggestions. I am having a problem of someone sending spam email from two domains that have aeDating programs installed on my vds.

The emails, some of which say they were sent from admin@the domain.com are not being sent by me.

I received a notice from GoDaddy that I had exceeded their daily send limit. This is the second time this has happened. I called GoDaddy both times and informed them that I had not sent any emails so why was I receiving the notice. They do not advise customers on email issues and recommended this forum to seek help.

I have changed all the passwords on both domains to include the db user password , the administrator's password and the email password.

What I do not know is how anyone is accessing and use the correct passwords to send e-mail from my web site's admin.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone make suggestions about how and what I need to do to protect my server from the reputation of spammer and possible shutdown for sending spam that I am not sending?

Thank you,
amaworkaholic

Back