1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

email

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Sidewinder, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Guest

how do i enable my email server?

im not just talking about using email for a perticular domain name, im talking about the entire server

2. dragon2611

dragon2611 Guest

try in services under server when logged in as admin in plesk make sure mailenable is enabled

3. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Guest

yes that is enabled... i just set up an email account and tried to send my self from a different email address..i didnt receive it...i also tried to send an email...i got this error

What does that mean or how can i fix that?

4. dragon2611

dragon2611 Guest

firewall?

do u have some sort fo firewall blocking port 25 (smtp) if so open that port cus SMTP is needed to send email.

you will also need 110 (pop3) open ( i think its 110 but u might wanna double check that)

you could Rdeskop into the server and then run the mailenable diagnostic tool to make sure its running ok...?

Tbh if its a problem reloaded to mailenable you might wanna try posting on the mailenable forums as well they might anwser you quicker than youd get one here.

keep us updated...