• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email

S

Sidewinder

how do i enable my email server?

im not just talking about using email for a perticular domain name, im talking about the entire server

try in services under server when logged in as admin in plesk make sure mailenable is enabled

yes that is enabled... i just set up an email account and tried to send my self from a different email address..i didnt receive it...i also tried to send an email...i got this error

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 in C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\Net\Socket.php on line 108
Error There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

What does that mean or how can i fix that?

firewall?

do u have some sort fo firewall blocking port 25 (smtp) if so open that port cus SMTP is needed to send email.

you will also need 110 (pop3) open ( i think its 110 but u might wanna double check that)

you could Rdeskop into the server and then run the mailenable diagnostic tool to make sure its running ok...?

Tbh if its a problem reloaded to mailenable you might wanna try posting on the mailenable forums as well they might anwser you quicker than youd get one here.

keep us updated...

Back