• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

emailing client password on client creation = horrendous

R

revolution

i am trying to figure out what inspired the plesk people to make the email notification that gets sent on client creation include the password for the client. it seems nothing but stupid. maybe one or two non-security-minded people requested this so plesk/sw-soft thought it would be a good idea? or maybe this was just in there for development and they accidentally left it in the live release? (i'm using 7.5.2)

anyways, i find it inexcusable for a professional level application. thank goddess it doesn't put the domain password in the emails for every domain creation notification. (which seems arbitrary, anyways, to do it for client creation and not domain creation.)

well, shoot, i hadn't even noticed the notifications option. it even lets you edit the text, so that's great.

(i still think that's a horrible default, but it's great that it's easy to change.)

thanks!

Back