• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Wordpress Toolkit: Broken Website! (Pls Help!)

JJSmith

New Pleskian
(Apologies if this is not the correct discussion board to post this in, I am new here)

Hi,

I'm not a developer, but I know enough to be dangerous. Anyway, I'm building a wordpress site for a client and after logging back into my plesk onyx (17.8.11) dashboard after a quick lunch break, I no longer have a wordpress login button on my Plesk Websites & Domains dashboard!! Instead there is a "Install" button next to the WP logo. WTF?! Everything was fine before I went to lunch.

So... I can't log into wordpress or the site!!! I've only ever logged into the site/WP through the login button in my plesk dashboard. When I attempt to use the same credentials through wordpress itself, it obviously doesn't work.

In the Wordpress portion of my plesk, under the installations tab, I have a skull with a flower image and a "Broken Website" header, and then beside the skull I have the following:

"WordPress Toolkit has found WordPress files at the following path:
[there is a filepath listed, just not providing it here]
However, it does not seem that this WordPress website is working. Try restoring the website from a backup or cleaning up the redundant files."

I have an "under construction" plugin running and active, and when I attempt to go to the site via the front-end (just typing the URL and going direct), my "under construction" message does appear, so I don't think the site or the files are gone. I also have the same amount of disk space allocated as I did before this issue, so again, that makes me believe the files and data are not gone just... not accessible...?

When I click "backup manager" from the "websites and domains" dashboard section in plesk, it just spins and spins... never loads the backup dashboard/view.

I have no idea how to get the site back, and the last time I did a backup was last week (SO much more work has been done since then, it's painful to think about it), and that backup is in the backup manager area, which I can't get to. I know I should keep a copy of the site/files on an external drive, the cloud, etc.... and if I could literally kick myself in the *** I would. I've been working hard towards a deadline, my internet has been shoddy the last few days, and it just slipped my mind to do another backup. But since the site is still "live/there" and my disk space allocation hasn't gone down, I think maybe everything is still intact?

I have NO IDEA what to do from here and I don't want to try anything for fear I will destroy whatever is left of my site and I'll have to start from scratch (6 months of work gone).

If anyone can please help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Have you tried turning off the "under construction" plugin and hitting Refresh icon in WPT?

When I click "backup manager" from the "websites and domains" dashboard section in plesk, it just spins and spins... never loads the backup dashboard/view.

That's problematic, and might be a sign that the problem is not with WordPress or WPT itself. I would strongly suggest contacting our support team, they should help you out.

Back