• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Emails from webmail always go to spam with DKIM, dmarc, and spf records

Under "Mail settings", be sure to select "Send from domain IP addresses".
I used to send from "... and use domain names in SMTP greeting" but those always ended up in Spam because the sender's domain was not equal to the reverse DNS.

Could you also post some test email headers so we can have a deeper look?

I still cannot seem to figure this out, here are my spf, dkim, and mx records

1631244766143.png

in short:
Code:
MX: name: carwashsim.com Value: mail.carwashsim.com TTL: Auto Priority: 10
SPF: Name: carwashsim.com Value: v=spf1 a mx a:vps-ad6060c6.vps.ovh.ca ip4:142.44.242.71 include:_spf.google.com ~all
DKIM: Name: default._domainkey Value: v=DKIM1; p=M------PRIVATE; #unsure if it matters if it's private or not but being safe just incase
DMARC: Name: _dmarc Value: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine

is this right?

Also you can send an email to GMail then open that email on a desktop. You will find 4 dots on the top right. click it and select "Show Original". There you will see what is failing and what is passing according to GMail.

So after reading the test result it says spf is authenticated
1631246532450.png

if you want the results I can pm them to you it's got some stuff I'm not sure would be secure posting publicly

Ok, This might be one of the issue.

You are sending test emails without content or content such as "Test" "Test". Try to have proper name, subject and content for the email.

I have experienced, that GMail takes sometime to recognize the email coming from new email address with new IP. Marking few emails as "Not Spam" in few different GMAIL accounts will help you gain the reputation to the email address and its IP. (Personal Experience)

Also you can make sure, in the "Show Original" you have the correct hostname

"Received: from vps-ad6060c6.vps.ovh.ca"

I have received your email.

Your Name name is the - username
And the content is
--
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate
velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint
occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt
mollit anim id est laborum.
--

Please do not expect GMail to accept this email as not spam.

Also you are sending emails from webmail and localhost.

Please try to change to the "Send from the specified IP addresses" and select your server address in the Mail Settings.

I have received your email.

Your Name name is the - username
And the content is
--
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate
velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint
occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt
mollit anim id est laborum.
--

Please do not expect GMail to accept this email as not spam.

Also you are sending emails from webmail and localhost.

Please try to change to the "Send from the specified IP addresses" and select your server address in the Mail Settings.
I have tried several different email content

I did an mxmailbox test and it all comes out clear :)

Results from smtp test:
1631387392285.png

Results from Domain Mail Check:
1631387420162.png

Results from blacklist check:
1631387438207.png

PS: The blacklist check is green on all of them except for DAN TOR it shows timeout

Maybe it's just because my domain is less than 30 days?

spam assassin score shows from new domain within 24-30 days

The received from shows:
Received: from carwashsim.com (vps-ad6060c6.vps.ovh.ca. [142.44.242.71])
And that's wrong. It should not be announcing itself as HELO carwashsim.com, but instead use the same name as the reverse lookup, vps-ad6060c6.vps.ovh.ca. Either that, or try to get the reverse for your IP changed to carwashsim.com.

And that's wrong. It should not be announcing itself as HELO carwashsim.com, but instead use the same name as the reverse lookup, vps-ad6060c6.vps.ovh.ca. Either that, or try to get the reverse for your IP changed to carwashsim.com.
how would I set that up? not the RDNS but changing the helo to vps-whateverlonghost.vps.ovh.ca

also the other reason I'd like to get this fixed is to allow customers to use the emailing system

Ok, so now my email tester shows 10/10 but it's still going to spam everywhere

is there anyway to fix this?

I can’t be certain, but your emails are probably being flagged as spam because they are spam. Do you send unsolicited mass emails? If so, that’s your answer.

SPF, DKIM and DMARC are basically a self-signed declaration of goodwill. I will provisionally accept them. But if one of my customers manually flags one of your emails as unrequested, unrequired, unpleasant advertising, then my servers will come at your emails like a ton of bricks and trash them all. Google’s Gmail will do the same, and Google has a lot of servers AND a lot of users.

Back