• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved emails not recieved

karimwael

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
last
hi
i have problem with my email i can send but i dont recieve any mails what should i check
the dns are configured right
the vultr told me they opened port 25 i have to retartd instance i just retart server as no option to restart instance
thanks

@karimwael when you sent an email to a mailbox on your server from an external email account (like Outlook or Gmail for example), do you receive an Delivery Failure notification back?

Just reboot your Server instance in the Plesk / Tools & Settings / Restart Server!
Use Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com to check the mail configuration!
hi
i did that and made the test found a duplicate spf on the dns i removed the old one and tested again seems fine exept this error:

Your reverse DNS does not match with your sending domain.​

i have 2 domains on the same ip server so this second one reverse dns to the first one will this may cause the issue?
the issue still not fixed after removing the old spf

@karimwael when you sent an email to a mailbox on your server from an external email account (like Outlook or Gmail for example), do you receive an Delivery Failure notification back?
i send from gmail but no delivery failure notifiaction
the email was on old host and its ended so i open the same email on my new host vultr with plesk i think there is conflict between them i dont understand

i send from gmail but no delivery failure notifiaction
the email was on old host and its ended so i open the same email on my new host vultr with plesk i think there is conflict between them i dont understand
Did you (double) check if all of the relevant DNS records for your domain are pointing to your new server?

Have you checked the incoming ports? Maybe they're blocked for some reason. Or perhaps you have some blacklist enabled? Are there any records in the logs?

Did you (double) check if all of the relevant DNS records for your domain are pointing to your new server?
yes
i made another test i send email from another domain of mine and its sent without problem to inbox

so could you know the reason of this ? gmail or yahoo dont get to inbox only provate domains emails go

how can i check these or from where exactly?

i made another test i send email from another domain of mine and its sent without problem to inbox

so could you know the reason of this ? gmail or yahoo dont get to inbox only private domains emails go

Is your other domain also on the same server? Because that would mean the email gets routed internally on the server and does not follow the MX record of the recipient domain.

Otherwise look in the mail log to see if there is anything in there related to your email address. You can access the mail log via Tools & Settings > Log Browser > Mail. (see example bellow).
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-24 170315.png

Is your other domain also on the same server? Because that would mean the email gets routed internally on the server and does not follow the MX record of the recipient domain.

Otherwise look in the mail log to see if there is anything in there related to your email address. You can access the mail log via Tools & Settings > Log Browser > Mail. (see example bellow).
View attachment 25992
yes the 2 domains on the same server

i looked at the logs its as shown below : what should i see here ?1713983383090.png

Use the search function the search option for the Gmail or Yahoo email address from which you sent the test emails. Does the log show any results after searching?

I don't understand. You are saying you CAN sent to Gmail, but not receive FROM Gmail?

Because the log entry in this image indicates that you cannot sent TO Gmail.
1713984171173.png

I don't understand. You are saying you CAN sent to Gmail, but not receive FROM Gmail?

Because the log entry in this image indicates that you cannot sent TO Gmail.
View attachment 25998
the problem is i cant recieve emails to my domain inbox i can send but cant recieve
i can send from my domain email to gmail but if i send from gmail or yahoo to my domain mail i dont get it

this gmail error message if i try send from gmail to the domain email
"
The response was:
DNS Error: DNS type 'mx' lookup of gannchart.com responded with code NOERROR DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail.gannchart.com. responded with code NOERROR DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail.gannchart.com. had no relevant answers. DNS type 'a' lookup of mail.gannchart.com. responded with code NOERROR DNS type 'a' lookup of mail.gannchart.com. had no relevant answers.​
"

There is no mail.gannchart.com DNS record. Create an A type record for mail and point it your server IP address.
thanks very much it worked now !
do you think its good to host different domain emails for deliveribity? or i have to buy another ip for each email domain?
thanks

Back