• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Emails to Gmail rejected since Plesk Update

Mathias

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I get mails from Mailer Demon of my server saying that emails to Gmail accounts can't be delivered. This is new since the last Plesk Update. I didn't change settings for the email server. How can this be fixed? There is a screenshot attached.

Thank you,
Mathias

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-162139~2.png
    Screenshot_20211121-162139~2.png
    284 KB · Views: 33
Hello Rasp. Where can I find this for the domain? I just looked at the mail server settings at Tools and Settings section, is it correct now? See screenshot attached. Thank you so much for your help. Greetings Mathias

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-183506.png
    Screenshot_20211121-183506.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 13
This Plesk article explains it well: DKIM, SPF, and DMARC Protection

TL;DR: For both SPF and DMARC you'll have to add an TXT record to the DNS of each of your domains. For the SPF record you can probably use v=spf1 +a +mx +a:vmd78249.contaboserver.net -all. For the DMARC record you can probably use v=DMARC1; p=none and name this record _dmarc.

Hello Rasp, the DNS was set up automatically, I didn't have to add anything. Thank you so much for your help. Greetings, Mathias

Unfortunately the issue isn't solved. What is the meaning of the external DNS? Is it where my domain is hosted? My domain is at an other provider, I made an A Record in the DNS to where the server is being hosted. Do I have to adjust the DNS where the domain is?

You have to add the TXT-record in the DNS-settings where the domain is hosted.
Thank you. There is only 1 field to enter the TXT record at my domain provider. Host is missing, only the value. I'm confused what to enter there. I also contacted my provider and hope to get an answer tomorrow. Greetings, Mathias

Hi @Mathias,
your email must be well authenticated for avoid any delivery issue.

You can try a little free test (3 free test every 24 hours) on an external website (visit at your risk)

The test is quite simple, send a test email to the temporary address showed than wait and press the page button to check your delivery score.
The website gives useful info about what can be wrong in your email configuration.

Be careful: sharing the link of the results will show your email address so, if you want keep private, never share the URL with results.
What is your score and what suggestion to improve the score system show to you?

Thank you. There is only 1 field to enter the TXT record at my domain provider. Host is missing, only the value. I'm confused what to enter there. I also contacted my provider and hope to get an answer tomorrow. Greetings, Mathias

Can you share a screenshot?

Just enter v=spf1 +a +mx +a:vmd78249.contaboserver.net -all in the Host field, that should work.

Can you add a second TXT-record for the DMARC entry? That should contain this:

Host: _dmarc.technodating.co.uk
Value: v=DMARC1; p=none;

Attached is a screenshot how I entered everything, not sure if that's correct

Attachments

• Polish_20211128_154841250.png
    Polish_20211128_154841250.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 9
@Mathias There are (free) online tool you can use to check whether or not the SPF, DKIM and DMARC records are functioning correctly.

MXtoolbox.com is a great tool for checking the SPF, DKIM and DMARC DNS records of your domain. Mail-tester.com (as suggested by @PeopleInside) is a useful tool to perform a more general test on a variety of email deliverability parameters.

Let's use them and see what kind of results we get for your domain. First an SPF check using MXtoolbox.com: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

The result looks good. The TXT record for your SPF is available in your DNS zone. The value v=spf1 +a +mx +a:vmd78249.contaboserver.net -all looks good too.​
Secondly let's test DMARC trough MXtoolbox: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

Unfortunately the results aren't satisfying. No DNS record for DMARC can be found. From the screenshot in your last post it looks like you've did try to create an DNS record for DKIM. However an DMARC requires a specify host (as @maartenv mentioned) to be used for the DNS record: _dmarc. I suspect this isn't used for the DNS record you've created. Contact your provider/host to ask them how set specific hostnames for a DNS record.​
Next, let's test DKIM, again using MXtoolbox: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

Unfortunately the result doesn't look good. There seems to be no DNS record for DKIM available.​
As with DMARC the DNS record for DKIM also requires a specify host to be used for the DNS record. Which is default._domainkey. Again, contact your provider/host to ask them how set specific hostnames for a DNS record.​
Lastly you can use mail-tester.com to run a general test specifically for the deliverability of your domain. This is a test you can only run yourself by sending an email to the email address generated on the mail-tester.com website.

Thank you all for your help! I got the solution for my domain. I had to create subdomains, for example _dmarc.technodating.uk and enter the value in the DNS TXT section. There is a screenshot attached.

Attachments

• domaindiscount24_subdomains.png
    domaindiscount24_subdomains.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 10
Back