• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Embedding video into my site

T

thomw

Wow, I'm a newbie thats been searching for answers on how to build a site. Now, I know why people will pay big bucks for someone else to do it. I've chosen Sitebuilder because not only was it free with my host, but because it seemed very step by step walk you through kind of program. Well, I have questions and the help seems to be lacking on how to do stuff that I want to do. Thankfully it directed me to this forum. If I don't get any help here, I may have to given in and pay someone else to do that which I have no money to spend. I do have the time to figure it out and I would rather do so. My site is supposed to be a resume of some of my video work. (After this I may include site designing into my resume) I have the video on another site (like YouTube) that I want to embed a link into my site. I know my question is "How do I do that?" but I need more. I need to know how to build a photogallery that allows the embedded links when clicked on and so forth.

Probably the best question that would answer all my questions is: Are there any good materials whether on video, books, or sites that are related to "How to use Sitebuilder for Dummies" Everyone of my friends have said to me get Dreamweaver. If there isn't a way to do the things that I want to do then I just may have to open up my wallet and say goodbye to Sitebuilder.

All available Sitebuilder documentation you can find on Parallels web site:
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/sitebuilder/docs
There is also developer's network exists where Sitebuilder SDK and developer's guides can be found:
http://swdn.swsoft.com/en/library/sitebuilder/

As for the playing video on Sitebuilder sites, in current version it is possible to use Script module for inserting video on your site from Youtube or any different streaming video providers. As for the future versions, unfortunately there are no plans yet to support streaming video on Sitebuilder side.

Ok, I've spent at least three hours between downloading pdf files and have read more about the limits on the trial version then about the what I want. Maybe this program does not have enough users to warrant an honest to god how to do anything in Sitebuilder but there ought to be. Manuals fail to explain with example so that the language used by the developers make sense to the rest of us. It sounds like what I need to know is something about Modules But none of the 4 manuals told me anything about how to use modules except that the some how they can be used. By the way I couldn't tell the difference between the 4 manuals except they had different titles.

Which modules are you interested in the most? Scrip module? To use this module you need to log into Sitebuilder and go into Edit step in Sitebuilder wizard for editing the site. On this step you should be able to drug and drop Script module. Module user's guide can be found here: http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/Windows/docs/4.2/en_US/sitebuilder-4.2-win-users-guide/

If you still have some problems with it, try to specify what you wish to do and where exactly you experience any troubles.

Back