• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EMERGENCY: Plesk Restore Fails, every single backup file.

J

JoeyAngrisano

My server crashed the other day and during the reload, the datacenter mistakenly erased my data partition, thus erasing all of my current data. At first I wasn't too worried since I keep at least 5-7 copies of Plesk backups. The problem is, every one of those backups has failed to restore.

I get the following error:

"Failed to restore server settings : Data type mismatch in criteria expression."

This happens even when I pick and choose accounts and even when I check or uncheck various options. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? I've been down for about a week now and I'm bleeding customers.

The backups were done in Plesk 7.6 and I've tried restoring them for several days via 7.6 until I just upgraded to 8. There's about 50 accounts total, only a handful have databases attached to them.

Thanks for any help anyone could provide

digisquid, could you please give here whole error message (not only "Data type mismatch in criteria expression.")?

you should specify registry key
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config]
"Debug"=dword:0x00000001

<b>please unset Debug=0 after that</b>

Back