1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

empty DNS file zones

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 Troubleshooting Issues' started by gdmiguel, Feb 14, 2007.

1. gdmiguel

gdmiguel Guest

Hi everybody:

After reading the threads and posts of this forum I have found some clues about my problems with Plesk but i think I've got a combination of problems that is unique here and I'm going to explain you now.

We've got two external DNS servers (primary, secondary) configured in Centralized DNS Service in Plesk Expand (2.1.1) and two plesk servers associated with the primary DNS server.

We a client in one of the plesk servers add a new domain with its template DNS, the Plesk Expand is supposed to create in the primary external DNS the corresponding zone with all entries.

Well, it's not. What happens is that a new zone is created but WITHOUT DNSs entries (only SOA record) Then the AXFR transference takes place and the empty zopnes is transfered to secondary DNS. Then secondary DNS tries to reload its zones and an error is produced (master zone empty error)

We have checked out psa database of the server where the new domain is created and the entries are there but for some reasons this entries are not added to the zone in the primary DNS server.

Besides that, I've read in one post that "rndc" is used by plesk expand to manage the DNS server. We have found out in message log file in DNS server (RHES4) that the command "rndc" have some trouble with SELinux:

Feb 14 12:49:50 sar03 kernel: audit(1171453790.263:41202): avc: denied { read write } for pid=10694 comm="rndc" name="[937836]" dev=sockfs ino=937836 scontext=root:system_r:ndc_t tcontext=root:system_r:initrc_t tclass=tcp_socket

Feb 14 12:49:50 sar03 kernel: audit(1171453790.263:41203): avc: denied { read write } for pid=10694 comm="rndc" name="[924239]" dev=sockfs ino=924239 scontext=root:system_r:ndc_t tcontext=root:system_r:initrc_t tclass=unix_stream_socket

Someone has some clue or any idea what's going on?

Thanx

2. regx

regx Guest

To fix a problem DNS zone - try adding any record there or enabling/disabling the zone.

Expand devs've promised to deliver a patch soon.

3. gdmiguel

gdmiguel Guest

Well, in fact we had expand 2.1.0 which is know to have some trouble with centralised dns but we applied the patch to upgrade to 2.1.1.

In the release notes of 2.1.1 there are the fixes we were looking for:

[*] Removed DNS records are removed from Central DNS servers also
    [*] "allow-transfer" and "masters" sections are correctly configured on Central DNS servers

which may cause my torubles. But ...