• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enable DNS for domain. ERROR: Call to undefined method

VERKIAH

New Pleskian
Hi, I have an error that has arisen me for no apparent reason. This error does not allow me to enable or disable DNS domains. I searched for solutions but have not found anything. Does anyone help me?

The error message is: ERROR: Call to undefined method plesk__client__domain__dns__toggle::_postRequestRequired() (DNSToggleUIPointer.php:26)

And as I said DNS appears when activated or deactivated by the domain from Plesk panel

Version: 11.5.30 #48

Hi VERKIAH,

First,
you could always try to install all the latest patches/updates with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Second, Plesk has a so called "bootstrapper", which fixes quite a lot of failures/issues, configurations and settings. Please use the command:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/ppXX.X.X-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Please use the command "ls /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/" to list your own most recent version of the bootstrapper on your system.

Hi UFHH01, thanks for your response.

I had tried that sequence, but just in case, I've done it again, the first was successful (after killing the hung process) and the second was also successful, although I would say not reconfigure bootstrapper.sh the DNS service.

Anyway I tested as you indicate, and the fault is still displayed in the plesk panel.

Any other ideas to try?

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel, 11.5.30, #48, Cloudlinux 6.4, x86_64.

On my server, the file is dated just when I performed the steps given above it seems to have changed (some hours ago). But the error continues

We do have the same problem:
OS
CloudLinux Server 6.5 (Pavel Popovich)
Panel version
11.5.30 Update #48

Is there a fix out yet?

I can only recommend to create a request to support team to do in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at https://odin.com/hcap/support/request/ .
You may have free support, please check what kind of Plesk license you use for available support options at http://kb.odin.com/en/121580 .
If there’s no free support in your case, you can order Plesk per-incident support at http://odin.com/hcap/support/buy-support/. Support team will contact you as soon as purchase is processed, and they will do the best to resolve it.
If it is found that your problem was caused by product bug w/o available solution or workaround from Parallels, then your purchase will be re-funded.

I receive exactly the same error .... This is after MU#48 .... before then everything was 100%

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel, 11.5.30, #48, CloudLinux 6.5, x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Using the Plesk Panel UI to disable or enable the DNS servers gives the following error:
ERROR: Call to undefined method plesk__client__domain__dns__toggle::_postRequestRequired() (DNSToggleUIPointer.php:26)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login to the Panel, Click on 'Domains', Select a domain, click on the 'Website & Domains' tab, click on 'DNS Settings', click on 'Switch Off the DNS Service'

ACTUAL RESULT
ERROR: Call to undefined method plesk__client__domain__dns__toggle::_postRequestRequired() (DNSToggleUIPointer.php:26)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

EXPECTED RESULT
The DNS service for the domain name must be disabled.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
It was working without any problems prior to update MU#48.

EDIT:
It seems only the Plesk UI is affected.
I used the Plesk CLI and could enable and disable domains.

The commands are:
DISABLE DNS Service: /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --off <DomainName.tld>
ENABLE DNS Service: /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --on <DomainName.tld>

Last edited:
Back