• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

enable php-fpm serverwide - disable apache module

Steve Vos

New Pleskian
Dear,

Is there a possibility to enable php-fpm serverwide and to disable running php as apache on the server?
This for both existing subscriptions as for new subscriptions ?

Use corresponding Service Plan with php-fpm handler for creation of new subscription and update existing subscription with new Service Plan with php-fpm handler.

Hi Igor,

When I create a new service plan on the Hosting parameter tab I can choose to run PHP as "apache/cgi/FastCGI", but on the web server settings tab of the service plan the check box "process php by nginx" is not available"..

Either when I open a subscript and enter there the web server settings I see that box and can check it but not on the service plan itself.

Is there a reason why per default all subscriptions run under the apache user.. This is not secure, right ?

And what with resellers? There's no option in the reseller plan to only allow fastCGI/php-fm, the reseller still hase the ability to choose for Apache.

I want this turned off server-wide. When there is a website that runs under apache it's a vulnerability for the whole server..

If you would like to turn off the usage for CGI over apache serverwide, you have to configure this on your own. There is no such option in Plesk for it - and no, it is not "unsecure" to run CGI - scripts over apache, as mentioned above.

Back