• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue end user spam control button missing even when 100% enabled

Will TCSI

New Pleskian
Have a domain on a plesk 12.5 on Centos 6.8...
A client has just noticed that when his email users went to edit their spam settings, SOME of the email accounts had no spam option available, while others do..
I have checked they are ALL 100% enabled...
even tried disabling/reenabling a few individually but did not fix.. any suggestions?
thanks
will

Last edited:
GUI > Tools & Settings > E-Mail > Spam-Filter
Is "Apply individual settings to spam filtering" enabled?

Yes has been ticked since day one... this is a random amount of approx 5 emails in a group of 50 on this domain....

Hmm, I wonder how that can be. Have you tried these?

# plesk repair db -y
# plesk repair installation -y

These will check for inconsistencies in the database and repair them and will check the Plesk installation itself.

Hi
Nice commands..

its found a few errors in general dbs and plesk repair reconfigured a few thinsg including mail system which got me excited but still did not fix the issue.. :(

I was able to reproduce the issue by editing
a) editing the service plan that a subscription is on
b) customizing a subscription with parameters different from the service plan.
The Spam tab is only visible if on the "Permissions" tab of the service plan or customization page "Spam filter management" is checked. In your first post you mentioned that you have already checked that this is enabled. But did you check that it is enabled in the service plan AND in individually customized subscriptions?

Hi Thanks for your input... it is ticked everywhere.. I dont have any customized subscriptions, they are all preset...
You may have missed the bit of info where i mentioned 47 of the emails under this account have full access to spam control.. it is just 3 random email accounts that do not! That is the bit which has me scratching my head..
thanks

And they have definitely had their spam settings ticked individually... they have exact same settings as the working 47

Two more questions, please, to make sure I understand the situation correctly:
- Are the affected mailboxes a random selection each time you log in or are they always the exact same mailboxes?
- All of these belong to the same subscription and only one out of several subscriptions is affected?

[root@vps0 ~]# /usr/local/psa/bin/spamassassin -u [email protected] -status true
SUCCESS: Update of mail '[email protected]' complete.

i was once again excited...except when logging in and checking .. no change...

and yes at this stage it is only the same 3 emails it doesnt randomly change
domain owner is going through them all one by one and will give me a total list.. but 3 only at this stage..
still stumped

If this is only happening for the same 3 accounts then I'm thinking its just a DB corruption issue. The easiest fix would be to manually backup each email then delete and create each one over again.

To backup a mail account "test" for the domain "example.com"
Code:
cd /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/
tar cvzf test.tar.gz test

You can lookup the old password using the command:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_view

After you have the old passwords you can delete that mail account from Plesk and re-create it. After the new account is created then extract the old archive over the new mail account and make sure the permissions are correct:
Code:
cd /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/
tar zxvf test.tar.gz
chown -R popuser:popuser test

Back