• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enquiry on WPB 11.5 standalone - Trial Site

ccto

Basic Pleskian
Hello

For Parallels Web Presence Builder 11.5.6 standalone -
If we simply visit http://x.x.x.x/ , it will automatically create a trial site upon visit.

Q1) Can it not automatically create?
(i.e. We'd create a custom php form, use API to create trial site instead, then create security token)

Q2) How do I set trial site expiration date? (like say 14 days in SB4.5)
or is trial_site_life_time in /usr/local/sb/config

Q3) How do I know when the trial site expire?

Q4) When trial site expired, does WPB automatically clean up trial site? or we need to use API to manually delete?

Q5) If we change trial site to regular (standard), simply use API to change the state and publish FTP information, then it shall be OK, right?

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Q1) Can it not automatically create?
(i.e. We'd create a custom php form, use API to create trial site instead, then create security token)
WPB creates redirect with such directive at webserver configs:
RedirectMatch ^/$ /index.php/Try
Template of apache config you can find here: /usr/local/sb/utils/sitebuilder.conf (run "sb_config --force_update_wscfg" to regenerate web server configuration file)

Q2) How do I set trial site expiration date? (like say 14 days in SB4.5)
or is trial_site_life_time in /usr/local/sb/config

Yes, you can use 'trial_site_life_time' in /usr/local/sb/config, section general (default value is "86400" - 1 day).

Q3) How do I know when the trial site expire?
You can check up "creationDate" field (with API or directly in DB).

Q4) When trial site expired, does WPB automatically clean up trial site? or we need to use API to manually delete?
It will clean up automatically.

Q5) If we change trial site to regular (standard), simply use API to change the state and publish FTP information, then it shall be OK, right?
Yes, it should be OK.

Back