• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Erreor connecting via ftp to domain account

Graphicom

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have migrated from plesk 12.5 to plesk 17.5.3 and my customers and I encounter problems when connecting via ftp.
One is using dreamweaver, and can not manage to upload. It says maximal user reached or firewall blocking ftp data.
I use Transmit (mac application) and I have this error message :
Code:
Exception:       NSInvalidArgumentException
Reason:          NSGetSizeAndAlignment(): unsupported type encoding spec 'F' at 'FTPLine}^{FTPLine}i}24r*32i40^i44^@52' in '{FTPLine}^{FTPLine}i}24r*32i40^i44^@52'
I have more information after that but I guess this could already help.

I must say I had no problem at all with plesk 12.5.
I have made a completely new fresh install on another server and I have the exact same issue.

I hope you can help. My customer is not happy as he can not upload normally.
Regards
Kris

OS ‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Produit Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Mise à jour n° 16, dernière mise à jour le 1 Aoû 2017 06:25

Nobobdy knows about this ftp issue ? No problems with you all ? This is really strange.
I must say I did not experienced any issue using filezilla. But there is something that does not work compared to what I have with plesk 12.5

This issue is a Mac issue. It appears with several different Mac software packages and probably requires an update of your OS. It is not a server-side issue.

An easier solution could be to change the FTP software. And if you are usin SFTP (FTP through SSH) try to switch to FTPS (real FTP with encrypted transmission), this can be a workaround.

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. When you write "probably requires an update of your OS", you mean update of the application ?
Can you explain what the problem is, because it worked perfectly without any problem/notification error when I used Plesk 12.5
Thanks for your answer.
I would rather learn to fish than being given a fish ;-)
Regards

Last edited:
Back