• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error after update MariaDb 10.5 to 10.6 : impossible to remove the skip-grant-tables

valko

New Pleskian
I updated MariaDB from 10.5 to 10.6, the update was successful, but when I restarted Plesk I got the error
"ERROR: 500 Plesk\Exception\Database Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘admin’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)."

And all my applications running on the server had a database connection error.

I corrected the error using the procedure : https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...d-for-user-admin-localhost-using-password-YES,
I followed the procedure to the end, but steps 5 to 10 do not work, when I remove the skip-grant-tables line from the my.cnf file (step 4).

and i return to my error ERROR: 500 Plesk\Exception\Database In order to get my server back online because applications are running

I leave the skip-grant-tables in my.cnf file, now when I want to create a database I get this message:
Error: Failed to connect to the database server. : SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1290 The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement

Can you give me a simplified procedure that matches my characteristics?

linux distribution : Debian 11
MariaDB version : 10.6
Mysql : 15.xx

thanks

If you have a "bind-address" line in your /etc/my.cnf file, remove it and restart the database server.

hi,
Thank you, it worked for me, I deleted the "bind-address" line in your /etc/my.cnf file and I started the procedure again from step 5.

Back