• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved error after update mysql 5.1 to 5.6

maniot

New Pleskian
Hello,
I updated plesk 12.5 successfully to Onyx. After that i wanted to update mysql 5.1 to 5.6. to do this i followed KB 213403429 on How to upgrade MySQL 5.5 to 5.6 in the section Centos 6 as i am on Centos 6.7. After the install Mysql start fails.
When i try to connect to the plesk panel i get the following error:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: Zend_Exception
No entry is registered for key 'translate' (Abstract.php:144)

Search for related Knowledge Base articlesERROR: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=ps...', 'admin', '$AES-128-CBC$JS...', Array) #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(111): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(460): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('select param, v...', Array) #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(36): Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('select param, v...') #6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php(212): db_query('select param, v...', false) #7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Mode.php(4 (Abstract.php:144)

Please can anyone give me a hint where it went wrong and how to solve it?

Best regards,
Niek

Same issue after update to mysql-server-5.5.54-36.x86_64 on Plesk Onyx. Solution mentioned by SBDavid is not working.

my.cnf has entry socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini has no entry, adding "socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" doesn't help.
There is no mysql.sock found on my server anywhere.

/mysqld.log isn't logging anything. The last lines are:

170314 3:35:41 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
170314 3:35:42 InnoDB: Waiting for 4 pages to be flushed
170314 3:35:43 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 58100845471
170314 3:35:43 [Note] .../mysqld: Shutdown complete

170314 03:35:43 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file .../mysqld.pid ended

I have exactly the same as wwwandries still cannot figure out what happened.. Mysql cannot be started

Back